PROBA-V MEP Roadmap
November 2021 – fifth iteration
- Creation of PROBA-V MEP Marketplace
- bringing TPS and end users together
- enabling service providers to easily create EO services through openEO and ASB (also integrated with EDC and SentinelHub), freeing them from IT burden
- offering a user friendly interface for onboarding services
- ready for future integration with external platforms and marketplaces
- establishing the necessary operational, business and legal framework
Spring 2020 – fourth iteration
- Offering processing web services through integration with ASB - an External workflow tool on MEP cluster
- Basic product processing flows
- Deep identity integration
- ADES integration
Spring 2018 – third iteration
- Focus on boosting the usage of the MEP
- More sample projects for users (Notebooks).
- Improved documentation.
- Redesigned Web portal.
- Intensified user support.
- Discussion forum.
- Improved Job Control Monitoring.
- Sentinel 2 data integration.
November 2017 – second iteration
- User-defined polygons and single pixels in the Time Series Viewer.
- Interactive notebooks.
- Support external users on the OpenStack cluster in a Virtual Machine with remote desktop access.
- Support workloads from external users on the Hadoop environment.
- Web services according OGC standards: WPS, WCS, WMTS
- Job control monitoring service.
- Data Manager extensions: support limited downloads of Sentinel-2 and Landsat data on the platform for Cal/Val activities, ... .
December 2016 - first iteration / part 2
- First iteration of the Data Manager integrated on the platform, to support on-demand data provision.
October 2016 – first iteration
- Secured and high-available OpenStack and Hadoop clusters, which are ready to support external users.
- Full-resolution viewing application on PROBA-V data, i.e. including 300 m and 100 m resolution.
- First demonstration of interactive notebooks.
- First preparations to support the beta users of the platform by providing Virtual Machines (VMs).
- Documentation/tutorials explaining the way to use the platform.
January 2016 – pre-release
- Basic functionality was pre-released after 3 months of project’ Kick-off with the following applications:
- Time series viewer application on limited data (PROBA-V bands) and only supporting pre-defined regions.
- Full-resolution viewing application on PROBA-V 1km data.
- N-daily compositor application on PROBA-V 1 km (full archive) and 300 m data (most recent year only).
- ESA Cloud Toolbox, enriched with sample PROBA-V data (all collections over Europe from March 2015 till October 2015) & support for Python and the SNAP toolbox.
- Web portal with access to the released applications.
- Pre-release of the platform on an operational OpenStack and Hadoop cluster, deployed in the VITO data center.