January 2016 – pre-release
- Basic functionality was pre-released after 3 months of project’ Kick-off with the following applications:
- Time series viewer application on limited data (PROBA-V bands) and only supporting pre-defined regions.
- Full-resolution viewing application on PROBA-V 1km data.
- N-daily compositor application on PROBA-V 1 km (full archive) and 300 m data (most recent year only).
- ESA Cloud Toolbox, enriched with sample PROBA-V data (all collections over Europe from March 2015 till October 2015) & support for Python and the SNAP toolbox.
- Web portal with access to the released applications.
- Pre-release of the platform on an operational OpenStack and Hadoop cluster, deployed in the VITO data center.
October 2016 – first iteration
- Secured and high-available OpenStack and Hadoop clusters, which are ready to support external users.
- Full-resolution viewing application on PROBA-V data, i.e. including 300 m and 100 m resolution.
- First demonstration of interactive notebooks.
- First preparations to support the beta users of the platform by providing Virtual Machines (VMs).
- Documentation/tutorials explaining the way to use the platform.
December 2016 - first iteration / part 2
- First iteration of the Data Manager integrated on the platform, to support on-demand data provision.
Summer 2017 – second iteration
- User-defined polygons and single pixels in the Time Series Viewer.
- Interactive notebooks.
- Support external users on the OpenStack cluster in a Virtual Machine with remote desktop access.
- Support workloads from external users on the Hadoop environment.
- Web services according OGC standards: WPS, WCS, WMTS
- Data Manager extensions: support limited downloads of Sentinel-2 and Landsat data on the platform for Cal/Val activities, ... .
Spring 2018 – third iteration
The content of this iteration will be defined later on.